Gitelis Law represents victims of all types of serious accidents and injuries throughout New York.
Call (347) 462-1388 for a FREE Consultation. The Brooklyn personal injury lawyers at the Gitelis Law Firm can help you with insurance claims, demand letters, and personal injury claims if you have been hurt in an accident due to the negligence or neglect of another person or party. If you’ve been injured in a car accident, truck accident, pedestrian accident, bike accident, bus accident, subway accident, or another type of accident in Brooklyn, or any other part of the New York Metropolitan area, reach out to the Gitelis Law Firm, a personal injury law firm in Brooklyn today. We offer new clients a free initial consultation during which we can review your case, and help you understand the next steps.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Brooklyn, New York
The Gitelis Law Firm is a personal injury law firm in Brooklyn that helps clients in a wide range of situations. The unique nature of life in Brooklyn, or any other part of the New York Metropolitan area, means that cars, commercial vehicles, trucks, buses, pedestrians, and bikes all share roads with limited space and high traffic volume. When accidents happen, they can result in serious personal injury. What are some of the types of personal injury cases we see in Brooklyn, New York?
Here are a few:
- Car Accidents. When drivers fail to follow the rules of the road, when they engage in distracted driving, when they drink and drive, speed, or drive recklessly, accidents can happen, and people can get hurt. Common causes of car accidents in Brooklyn include distracted driving, tailgating, improper lane changes, speeding, drunk driving, and potholes. The personal injury lawyers at the Gitelis Law Firm can read police reports, interview witnesses, look at video footage, and investigate your case to find the causes of your accident and identify negligent parties. We can help negotiate with car insurance adjusters to help you get the best possible settlement under the law. We are here to help.
- Truck Accidents. New York roads are narrow and often congested with heavy traffic. Add to this mix the presence of trucks and commercial vehicles performing deliveries, picking up trash, or helping people perform other essential services and the risk of accidents can increase. Truck companies and commercial vehicles are governed by strict federal and state regulations. If you or someone you love was hurt in a truck accident in Brooklyn, New York, or any other part of the New York Metropolitan area, the personal injury lawyers at the Gitelis Law Firm may be able to help you seek damages for your losses. Truck accident claims can often be more complicated than auto accident claims because they may involve truck companies, drivers, high-limit insurance policies, and stricter laws and regulations. The personal injury law firm in Brooklyn, New York at Gitelis Law Firm can help you navigate the sometimes-complicated claims process.
- Pedestrian Accidents. According to Vision Zero (a task force to bring pedestrian fatalities down to zero in New York City), being hit by a car is the leading cause of death for people under 14 years of age, and the second leading cause of death for those over 65. While the city has worked to increase enforcement of the law, increased penalties for dangerous driving, increased education initiatives, and engineered roads to better increase safety for pedestrians, pedestrian accidents continue to lead to serious injuries and death. Pedestrian accidents can lead to serious injury or even death. Being hit by a vehicle often has very serious consequences. If you or someone you love was injured in a pedestrian accident, the Brooklyn personal injury lawyers at the Gitelis Law Firm may be able to help you. We can review the details of your accident, review your injuries, estimate the value of your claim, and seek damages for your medical bills, rehabilitation expenses, lost wages, and other losses.
- Bike Accidents. According to the New York City Department of Transportation, in 2021, the year for which there are most recent reports, 1,118 bicyclists were injured in Brooklyn, and another three bicyclists were killed. Distracted driving, speeding, drinking and driving, moving violations, and other violations can lead to bike accidents, and because bicyclists don’t have the protective chassis of a vehicle, they are more likely to be seriously injured in an accident. If you or someone you love was injured in a bike accident in Brooklyn, or any other part of the New York Metropolitan area, you may want to speak to the personal injury lawyers at the Gitelis Law Firm. Our personal injury law firm offers free case evaluations during which we can offer an honest assessment of your case and help you determine the next steps.
- Bus Accident. Individuals can get injured when riding the bus due to bus accidents, sudden stops, bus driver error, equipment malfunction, improperly maintained buses and more. If you or someone you love was injured while riding the bus or was struck by a bus in Brooklyn or any other part of the New York Metropolitan area, the Gitelis Law Firm is a personal injury law firm that may be able to assist you.
- Subway Accident. According to the New York Public Transit Association, 56% of New York City residents use public transportation. Some of the more common injuries that can take place in the New York City subway include slip, trip, and fall injuries, either due to a train suddenly stopping, a train accident or due to poorly maintained floors and equipment. If you or someone you love was hurt in a slip and fall accident in a subway or was hurt while riding the subway, the Gitelis Law Firm is a Brooklyn, New York personal injury law firm that may be able to assist you. Contact our personal injury lawyers today for a free consultation.
- Slip and Fall. Uneven surfaces, wet surfaces, poorly maintained properties, and more can all lead to slip-and-fall accidents. One out of five falls can result in a serious broken bone or head injury. Older Americans are most at risk of serious injuries and disability due to slips and falls. A hip injury, for example, can result in permanent disability or death. If you or someone you love was hurt in a slip and fall accident in Brooklyn, New York, or any other part of the New York Metropolitan area, reach out to the personal injury lawyers at the Gitelis Law Firm today. Our attorneys can review your case, negotiate with insurance companies to help you receive a settlement, and fight to help you and your family get the justice you deserve.
If you’ve been hurt in an accident, reach out to the Brooklyn personal injury attorneys at the Gitelis Law Firm today. Our attorneys work closely with individuals who have been seriously injured, disabled, or who have had to miss time from work due to their injuries. We offer new clients a free initial consultation during which we can review your case and offer guidance on the next steps.
Contact a Brooklyn New York Personal Injury Lawyer Today
The Gitelis Law Firm is a Brooklyn, New York personal injury law firm that may be able to help you with your claim if you’ve been hurt in an accident in New York. There are many factors that make Brooklyn streets particularly dangerous for pedestrians, bikers, drivers, trucks, and other vehicles on the road. If you or someone you love was hurt in an accident, the Gitelis Law Firm has 20+ years of experience helping thousands of clients receive compensation for their losses. We fight hard for the clients we take on and we only take on clients when we think we can help. If you have been hurt, the personal injury lawyers in Brooklyn are here to offer you a free initial consultation and guidance on the next steps.